If you are tired of being dragged down the street by your dog or your dog taking waaaaaaayyyyy too long on walks, then this course is for YOU!
Walking your dog is more than just taking her out to do her business. Its a great way to build a strong relationship. spend time together, get some fresh air and exercise, not to mention meeting new friends.
All these benefits to taking your dog on consistent walks get pushed aside when your dog is pulling you along.
When your dog pulls on the leash, it can become unbearable to enjoy walks together.
Pulling on leash walks is a common problem dog parents face everyday.
Whether you have a new puppy, an old timer who never learned, or your dog's leash behavior has gotten worse overtime, it can be stressful and frustrating.
- Why do dogs pull?
- Example of how an empty parking lot can help with training
- Places to train your dog
- How Dogs Learn
- Dog Training Terminology
- How to put a Harness (example is a Freedom Harness) on your dog
- How to put a Gentle Leader on your dog
- Tips on finding the right tools, supplies, and treats
- Let's Talk Treats!
- Who's Ready For A Walk?
- How to get your dog's attention with eye contact
- How to teach watch me to your dog
- How to teach your dog point
- How to teach your dog touch
- How to teach your dog heel
- A couple other ways to get your dog to come and stay next to you
- Ways to train your dog
- How sniffing can help in your training
- Training your small dog
- How to handle going around a corner, use distance, and a visual barrier to help you
- What to do if your dog goes crazy over seeing the leash
- How a headlamp can help on night walks and help with the pulling
- How to do Clicker Training
- Clicker Training Terminology